Current Job Openings.
Summary: Under the direction of Delivery Manager, the Route Driver will be responsible for deliveries of pre-sold products to assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Delivering carbonated and non-carbonated beverages and kegs weighing up to 160 pounds.
- Prepare and calculate delivery invoices, showing cases placed and credits given.
- Perform accurate accounting of full and empty goods.
- Perform daily routine vehicle inspection and operate Company vehicle in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Department of Transportation (DOT).
- Develop and maintain good Company image in the trade and industry to achieve the Company’s objective for the overall growth and availability of D & D Beverage brands.
- Expedite replacement product orders.
- Process inventory transactions according to departmental procedures.
- Maintain product integrity with proper rotation at retail accounts.
- Assist in reconciling invoice and receiving transaction discrepancies.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure continuous, on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
- Complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations.
- Correctly notate any loaded product discrepancies.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Requires education generally equivalent to a high school diploma and one to three years of related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret invoices, route deliveries, product numbers and quantities. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and with other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Requires a valid Class A driver’s license (CDL)
- A driving record which meets Company standards
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects. The employee is regularly required to walk; sit; reach above shoulders; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and use foot/feet to operate vehicle. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 160 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The Route Driver must be able to work in all types of weather conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Dahlheimer Beverage to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Dahlheimer Beverage will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.