We pick our employees like we pick our brands. We only want the best. If you have a passion for beer and think you can cut it in a fast-paced beer distribution business, we want to hear from you.
Dahlheimer Beverage’s Policy with respect to EEO Affirmative Action compliance is set forth. EEO is the Law
Summary: Under the direction of the Merchandising Manager, the Merchandiser executes effective administration and utilization of all point of sale material, including, but not limited to, storage, display, general maintenance and repair.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Upon receipt of point of sale material from a supplier, checks to ensure that all point of sale received is accounted for and in good condition and makes necessary documentation, when necessary.
- Sustains a well-organized, orderly and neat point of sale storage area with knowledge of existing inventory.
- Installs permanent, pre-booked, on premise back bar point of sale.
- Completes all permanent installations, pre-booked by Salesmen.
- Ensure proper rotation is in effect for all accounts.
- Reclaims and removes all point of sale that has been replaced by other point of sale, or ensures its removal through Driver or Pre-salesmen.
- Assists supplier’s personnel as requested by Merchandising Manager.
- Submits daily a record of activities and installations, and ensures effective use of point of sale and/or other merchandising material.
- Assists with the preparation of special events.
- Develops and submits to Merchandising Manager for approval point of sale programs, and upon approval, administers these.
- Upon completion of off-sale point of sale installation, checks that Company products within that account have proper position, box stock, shelf and inventory rotation, merchandising, such as shelf strips, price stickers, etc. If not, will correct where necessary before departing from that particular account.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Generally requires associate’s degree in a related field and a minimum of one year experience; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, superiors and external customers with a demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive customer relations. Capability to understand instructions in both verbal and written form.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, pricing and percentages.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office with competency in learning new applications quickly.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Travel Demands/Schedule Demands: Occasional local travel. Weekend requirement may apply
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 160 pounds. Mechanical ability in order to setup displays, including climbing a ladder. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is commonly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It is the policy of Dahlheimer Beverage and D&D Beverage to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Dahlheimer Beverage will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please feel free to apply even if there is not an opening for the position you wish to apply for. We will keep your application on file.
You can send us your resume three different ways:
1. Download the employment application PDF and email it back to us, or drop it off in person.
2. Email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Or fill out the Employment Application below.